- In 2009 Business Insider ranked them #14 based on their positive efforts
- Keeps themselves accountable by posting GHG emissions on its own website.
- Listed #14 on Business Insiders - 2009 - The 15 Best Companies for the Environment
- Eliminated 23% of its U.S. GHG emissions between 2002 and 2007,
- Plans to reduce GHG emissions from its global operations by 20% by 2015.
- The company requires environmental management accreditation from all main suppliers, and it is working to improve its energy efficiency, since 90 % of its carbon footprint comes from energy consumption. Sun regularly posts its total energy use and GHG emissions by facility on its website.